Best USB Audio Interface in India
Hey! I am sure you are on this page looking for the best USB audio interface in the Indian market.
We know that nowadays recording gear is coming to be more accessible by the day. The quality of sound, that can only be produced or generated in a professional recording studio, can now be attained in the solace of any individual’s bedroom.
Now, we can say that The Audio Interface is possibly the most crucial part of a home studio. It is possible because everything is eventually routed through it. Hence, it is very significant to choose the best audio interface that fulfills your present and near-future needs at the very best.
But how do you choose the best Audio Interface for your particular needs?
Well, everything has been covered in this article! So, sit tight with a coffee on your table.
Although, if you guys are in a bit of a hurry for any of your reason or priorities.
Here are our few top guidance for the Best Audio Interfaces for Budget Home Studios in Indian Market:
- Audience iD14 our clear winner among the top three.
- Behringer U-PHORIA UM2
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Generation
What is an Audio Interface, anyway???
When this question was asked to an expert and experienced musician. The reply I got was hilarious, he replied, “What oxygen does to a human body, the same notion applies to a musician and an audio interface!!” it was funny. But yeah, this description has got significance to it, certainly deeper meaning.
So practically, an audio interface catches the sound sources (like mics, vocals, and guitars), converts them into digital data, and transmits them to your laptop or computer through a USB, a Thunderbolt, or a PCIe card for recording. Based on the type of your interface’s mics preamps and analog-to-digital converters can have an enormous effect on the sound integrity of your recordings, it will be very smart of you to invest in the best interface you can afford.
Best USB Audio Interfaces in India currently->
Every single Audio Interface in the below list can empower you with studio-quality recording. The attributed cost tag has nothing to do with audio quality, in general.
Here are some of the best Audio Interfaces that are presently available in the Indian Market:
1. Behringer U-Phoria UM2->
- 2x2 USB audio interface for recording microphones and instruments, Audiophile 48 kHz resolution for professional audio quality
- Compatible with popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Steinberg Cubase, etc.
- State-of-the-art, +48 V-powered XENYX Mic Preamp comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps, Powerful Phones output with Level control and Direct Monitor select, Status, Signal and Clip indications for perfect overview
- USB port for connection and power, Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer website.
- Streams 2 inputs / 2 outputs with ultra-low latency to your computer, supporting Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher, Number of Tracks: 4
This audio interface is good because it’s an economical and affordable price tag. This is a low-cost audio interface with a maximum selection rate of around 48kHz. It might not sound as outstanding as compared to the others but it is decent enough for bedroom size home studio use.
The build quality is made of an all-plastic body. It is attached using a common USB cable with the interface-end having a B-type port.
It accompanied two inputs in the front that is an XLR combo input channel for a mic or instrument and a 0.25-inch input for an extra instrument. The XLR combination input cabins a XENYX pre-amplifier. It can also power condenser mics by turning on 48V Phantom Power that is an external source power.
This Audio Interface comes with a free DAW generally called Tracktion. Other popular DAWs like Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Live, etc. are also consistent with this interface.
This audio interface is accurate for mature singers and songwriters who want to record their music with reasonable quality. It is also used for recording podcasts and voiceovers.
- It empowers you with around 192 kHz resolution for the most rigorous applications in music production as well as video post-production. Work with enthusiasm and exactness in your favorite recording software for professional results every time.
- it has got a MIDAS constructed microphone preamp for the ultimate in high-end quality of audio production in both live and studio environments.
- It has got Tracktion, which is a DAW.
* Reasonable costing
* Good quality recording using this amp
* Independent DAW available with downloadable plugins – Tracktion
* All Plastic build body
* The Sampling rate is low
2. M-Audio M-Track Audio Interface 8-Channel USB->
- Track large music ensembles, record a band or mic an entire drum set with premium audio components, pro-grade capture at 24-bit/192 kHz, a compact 1ru footprint and an ultra-fast USB 2.0 connection
- 8 XLR+1/4 inch combo inputs with individual metering accommodates virtually any source and eight balanced 1/4 inch outputs offer versatile playback options, plus, selectable phantom power (channels 1-4, 5-8) accommodates condenser microphones
- Two conveniently located front-panel high-z instrument inputs for capturing di signals including guitar, bass and more, high-headroom inputs with innovative octane preamp technology makes your microphones and live level sources sound at their absolute best
- Experience zero-latency monitoring with USB/analogue direct balance control and monitor your recordings using dual headphone outs with selectable source for custom mixes and monitoring
- Comprehensive production software package for MAC and PC included, pro tools first by avid and waves plugin bundle
While practicing to record your music label, this audio interface can be your savior. As in general, you usually require an interface with 8-microphone preamps.
This audio interface has a DC power adapter, mains lead, and a USB lead with some brochures as well.
Let’s talk about this audio interface in the front face. It has 8 XLR or we can say line-level infusions. With 2 XLR inputs (in front and remainder at back) which takes a 0.25-inch jack input.
The LCD screen shows the input metering level. You have the access to a level control knob for each of the 8 inputs. Just below it is a light switch that helps to dim down the levels rapidly.
Also, two headphone outputs, each with its separate volume control. You have an immediate monitoring knob. A bit of advice, it should be invariably turned off when you are using it for recording. Then 2 phantom power inputs switches, one around 1 to 4 and another one around 5 to 8.
You have a standby power switch, just neighboring to a monitor control switch that controls the levels going to the rhetorician. There is a single outcome switch to check mono mixes.
At the rear-facing of the interface, we have 8 XLR output which takes a 0.25-inch jack. A dual extra copy of output, which is the central stereo left-right out for the unit. These will strengthen your monitor speakers when you are recording. Then you have DC input adjacent to the USB connector.
- Tracking large music choruses, record a band or microphone an entire drum set with superior audio components, pro-grade catch at 24-bit and 192 kHz.
- 8 XLR+0.25-inch combination inputs with unique metering adapt practically any source and eight balanced 0.25-inch outputs, selectable phantom power (that is external lower source) includes condenser mics.
- 2 conveniently located front panel high latent instrument inputs for catching signals which includes guitar, bass, high-headroom infusions with creative octane preamplifier technology make your mics and small gig level references sounding at their absolute best.
- Experience “ 0 “ latency monitoring with USB direct balance control and monitor your recordings utilizing double headphone outputs with a selectable basis for traditional mixes and monitoring.
- Thorough production software package for MAC books and Computers which include pro tools first by avid and waves plug-in bundle.
- Doesn’t require any software pre-installation. Simply plug it into your system and start working on it with the immediate effect.
- Not the latest model, but a very strong piece of equipment, the only drawback
3. Presonus Studio 26c->
- Input/Output Simultaneous I/O up to 2 inputs/4 outputs 2 mic/instrument/line inputs with XMAX-L mic preamps 2 balanced ¼” TRS main outputs DC coupled for sending control voltages*
- MIDI In/Out 1 USB-C 2.0 port USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cables included for compatibility with most computers Meters
- Integrated Software Studio One Artist Studio Magic Plug-in Suite Digital USB-C port (USB 2.0) 24-bit resolution 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sampling rates
It can be considered as one of the best audio interfaces, the Presonus Studio 26c, furnishes perseverance of 24bit and 192kHz. This is identical to the industry criterion.
It has a nice exhibit with input level pointers at the front that is very simple to read while recording. It also comes with an A/B button that is used to switch between a main and cue mixture.
Comprising metal covering and knobs, the Studio 24c is built to survive in the longer run. It is also enormous and slightly sturdy than most of the other interfaces in this article. This type of interface has a USB-C type connection at the rear but is compatible with USB 2.0 as well.
On the face, the Presonus Studio 26c has 2 XLR combination inputs. Both these inputs have pre-amps. Accordingly, both inputs support microphones, as well as line levels. It is Built-in 48V Phantom power, for condenser mics. There is a MIDI input at the rear.
This audio interface has 4 equalized, TRS stereo outputs that are two main and two line outputs. The major outputs that are the left and right can be pertained to studio monitor speakers for monitoring the progress. The line-outs can pertain to external interfaces or we can use the term recording gears.
There is a headphone-out for regulating with the headphones. Both the headphone-out and the main-out can be governed with distinct volume knobs in the face of the interface. Forthwith these outputs, MIDI output is also existing at the back.
Presonus Studio 1 Artist DAW and plugin suite is provided with this interface. The Studio 26C can also be used with other popular DAWs for sure.
Anyone who is starting from singer-songwriters to DJs(Disc-jockeys) and competent music producers can find this interface to be beneficial. The Studio 26c can not only be utilized for home studios but also small professional studio setups.
* Very sturdy build body
* Can be connected with external interfaces and recording gear to work with
* High dynamic range of this interface
* High audio resolution of this interface
* Both XLR combo inputs have a preamplifier
* A/B button is there to switch between main and cue mixes
* Metered LED indicator for every single signal level
* Larger and slightly heavier can be a bit bothersome
* Slightly expensive for novices
4. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Third Gen->
- Two of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Large diaphragm condenser mic enables you to capture studio-quality recordings that are faithful to the original source
- The upgraded HP60 MkIII closed-back headphones offer sound quality and long-lasting comfort, invaluable for recording or mixing
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Two balanced line inputs, suitable for connecting line-level sources
This USB audio interface is approved by many popular artists and bands, Focusrite Scarlett has evolved as the most prominent option of audio interface for home-based studios. It accentuates a bit depth of 24 bit and a sampling rate of around 192kHz. The 3rd Gen has some big modifications over the 2nd gen.
For example, there is the air circuit button that illuminates up the sound by improving the higher frequencies. Consequently, it is worth the upgrade if you already using the 2nd generation audio interface.
The Scarlett 2i2 has an all-metal body which gives rise to it as very strong. Still, the face and side panels are made of plastic. It is also surprisingly compact despite its potentials. The 3rd Gen emphasizes a USB-C connection at the back with a USB-C to USB-A species cable.
The 2i2 has 2 XLR combination that is combo input channels with both channels possessing pre-amps as described only one in the 2nd gen. Of course, 48V phantom power(external source of power) is accessible for connecting condenser mics.
The rear has L/R balanced TSR 0.25-inch cable. It comprises a headphone out in the pretense. Both outputs have separate individual volume controls. The explicit monitor button has both mono and stereo behaviors. This is an upgrade from the 2nd generation in a very good possible way.
As far as DAWs are uptight, the Focusrite Scarlett comes with authorization copies for Ableton Live Lite, Pro Tools First Focusrite efficient pack. It also comes with some additional plugins likely Focusrite Red 2 and Focusrite Red 3.
This Scarlett 2i2 has been very prominent with singers and songwriters in the yore. The 3rd gen guarantees a better dynamic spectrum, lower latency, and additional characteristics that make it more attractive than its ancestors.
- Two of the best accomplishing microphone preamps the Scarlett range has ever beheld, now with switch Air mode to provide your recordings with a brighter and more clear sound.
- Large-diaphragm condenser mic facilitates you to catch studio-quality recordings that are faithful to the basic source.
- The boosted HP-60 MkIII closed-rear headphones give sound quality and long-lasting solace helpful for sound mixing as well.
- It has two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in this type of USB audio interface.
- It also has two balanced line inputs, suitable for about line-level sources.
- Elevated performance converters enable to record and mix it up to 24-bit by 192kHz.
* Robust build body type
* Small form-factor of this interface
* High audio resolution required
* 2 XLR combo inputs with pre-amps are given
* Alternatives of multiple popular DAWs
* Good compatibility and easy to set up the best part
* Air-circuit increases elevated frequencies
* It has only a signal and clipping pointer and not a signal level meter, a drawback
* A bit costly for amateurs
5. Focusrite Scarlett Solo Audio Interface:
- The best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- One high-headroom instrument input to plug in your guitar or bass, High-performance converters, allowing you to record, mix and play back audio in studio quality, anywhere
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/ 192kHz
- Two hum-free balanced outputs provide clean audio playback
- With our Quick Start tool, it's now easier than ever to get up and running
The body is completely made of a metal chassis, adequately built, all knobs are legitimately attached and none of the input cables quivers too much. It has been tested and found that it has 48-volts going to the mic setup which is the nicest in the world. It is a cost-friendly USB audio interface.
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Audio Interface
Let’s take a moment and patience to examine what it has on the rear side, RCA product, which allows you to run it on whatever monitor you are utilizing. You have a USB dock as well.
- You will see that this audio interface has the latest Scarlett microphone preamp captions a more even volume structure, so you can precisely set your degrees, and the instrument input has also been entirely redesigned so it can deal with seriously hot guitar pick-ups.
- Though a cost-friendly USB audio interface, its mic pre-amp accentuates an, even more, gain structure, so you can set your levels at precision, and the instrument intake has also been entirely designed from scratch so it can handle seriously hot guitar pick-ups.
- Renovating your performance into digital audio and around again is the most crucial part of the recording procedure.
With Focusrite converters, the performance discrepancy becomes more than clearer. Every part of your recording will be flawlessly crisp and clear, even when you’re playing softly. Additionally, the Scarlett spectrum also now regulates at sample rates up to around 192-kHz, and the input channels have grown too.
- This USB audio interface has low latency too. Its unrivaled round-trip latency is as low as 2.74ms revolutionizes your flow of work. You can work completely inside your DAW for both excessive dubbing and playback, and use your plugins while recording all without any kind of delay.
* A solid audio interface that gives us cup clear 24-bit sound characteristic with a sample rate of up to 96-kHz.
* This audio interface is friendly to your value of money with no latency at all.
* Self-noise is absent.
* No additional power is required. Just the MIDI cable is sufficient.
* Very light and portable and a great quality chassis.
* Inbuilt sound amp is again one of the decent if anyone has used it.
* You get a free software package with this audio interface.
* Slightly hard while doing its setup.
What to Look For, while buying an Audio Interface->
It has become certainly popular because people are shifting from – desktop computers to laptops or even smartphones that merely have USB docks for connectivity.
Most audio interfaces are just plugged and play. In the article below there are some very crucial things to consider before buying one of the audio interfaces for the home studio:
There are numerous types of USB ports available in the market which can leave you confused. Audio interfaces usually have the common USB 3/2 or USB-C type connection. Connectivity, therefore, is the number one important factor before selecting an audio interface for yourself.
The quality of Build->
In a setup, whenever there are too many cables involved, chances are that you may get frustrated at times. You might drop your audio interface from your computer table or bed. Audio Interfaces should be strong enough to withstand a distinct amount of mishandling.
The chassis that is the body of the audio interface should be hard. Reasonable interfaces may be seen in a body that is generally plastic build.
Choose an interface with a metal chassis or body if you want something to last for a longer period and have the nominal budget or value for it.
There is a limited number of input channels in a USB interface. The input channels infer how many musical instruments you can record at the same time.
A full-band type setup would impose many more channels.
The number of alleys has a big effect on the cost of the interface.
Accordingly, for a limited budget studio, using a mixer in addition to the interface might be a smarter choice.
Input and output channels in audio interfaces mostly impose an XLR connector or 0.25-inch connector. Combination XLR inputs are more effective than a common 0.25-inch connector. This is just for the reason, combo XLR inputs can include both.
To monitor live recording of instruments output of an audio interface is required. Several interfaces provide numerous numbers and kinds of outputs.
Generally, while recording live instruments, individual volume controls must be present for both headphones out and line out.
Ease of Controls->
Period, it is reasonable to have a variety of controls for nicer customization, they should be simple enough to comprehend and use. The controls should be easily available and we have to keep in mind that the cables should not come in the way.
Occasionally, to reduce expenditure, considerable functionalities are associated with a single knob making matters rather complicated. Committed control knobs for unique channels are a better option.
Audio Interfaces come with drivers that need to be established before use for your computer or laptop to be able to detect the device. The driver software must be consistent with whatever outlet you are planning to use it on.
To determine its compatibility, you have to know which operating system your computer or laptop runs on. For example, specific drivers may be favored by a Windows PC but not by a Mac.
So now, as you’ve been through this article entirely. I’m sure you have made up your mind till now.
Even though the Audient D14is the best sounding USB Audio Interface in this list, the
Scarlett 2i2 takes the prize of best cost-friendly or we can say low price Audio Interface.
The central reason behind this is that the Scarlett 2i2 is easy to access and has the tiniest compatibility issues. This makes it simpler to use for novices.
Moreover, Focusrite furnishes a lot of outstanding DAWs along with its investment
More such article you may love to read
Best Guitar Amplifiers in India with price
Best acoustic guitar for beginners in India
Best Electric Guitar in India with price
Best Guitar Amplifiers in India with price