Best Acoustic Guitar for Beginners (In Indian Market)
Are you looking for the Best Acoustic Guitars in India for beginners, you are exactly at the right place. The most popular acoustic guitar brands are not readily accessible in physical music instrument stores in India.
Whenever we think about musical instruments, many instruments cross our thought process. One of those obvious instruments is the guitar too. A guitar is a very famous musical instrument that every person may have seen or at least heard of in his/her life. In India, guitars are used for traditional and commercial music.
Other than traditional music people who are in band groups or orchestra use the guitar for their music performances. Many times students prefer to play guitars and hence start from a very young age. So for keeping their interests and making a guitar fulfil its purpose the best one has to be chosen.
Based on the abovementioned factors, we have choosed some of the best Acoustic Guitars in India. These are easily available and are not highly-price.
Remembering insanity that every guitar player has an ambition while starting, here is information that might help you find the best amateur acoustic guitar in India that is flawlessly worked out for you:
In-depth review ofBest Acoustic Guitar for beginners in India:->
1.Kadence Frontier Series Acoustic Guitar:-
- ★ Design - The High Gloss finish, Simple head design, Streamlined Cutaway Curvature makes the head and the body integrated, beautiful.
- ★ Size (40 inch) - Suitable for the guitarist over 10 years old, especially the beginners, students or adults.
- ★ Quality Strings -The surface is coated with a bronze coating which doest rust easliy and prolongs the use of the strings.
- ★ Adjustable Action - Built-in truss rod helps balance the tension caused by strings or temperature change, for a straight and durable neck.
- ★ Bridge - The Indian Rosewood bridge has high hardness, strong vibration conductivity, stable and rich tone transmission.
Kadence guitar has been in the Indian market with adequate quality products at reasonable prices.
The Frontier series of acoustic guitars is the best guitar for beginners in India. It has a cut-away shape that measures 39 inches in length.
The overall playability is generous. The tone is not too thick due to its smaller size; although the cast sound requires richness, it is more or less even. For a newbie’s ears, and particularly for the price, this is quite acceptable.
It comes in different colors, black and red basically and a gloss finish. For a gig bag, a strap, a pack of strings, and some picks, the Kadence Frontier Series starter kit has all the requisites that a beginner guitar player requires.
- Tone- Muddy. Low clarity and definition
- Body- Laminate
- Looks- Gloss finish in black and red
- Value for Money- Medium
- Reasonable price-point
- Gorgeous looks
- Playability is good enough for a beginner
- The tone is muddy.
- Absences Clarity!
2. Yamaha -F280:-
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Gloss Top
- Side/Back: Matt
- 40.5-inch guitar
- Country of Origin: India
The first guitar brand to have manufactured a model in India, entirely for the Indian market. The F280 can be believed to be the younger version of the F310. Quality-wise it is almost precisely identical. At its rate juncture, the F280 truly influences in every aspect.
The F280 is a full-sized dreadnought and is capable of manufacturing ample low-end and volume projection to fill a whole room.
The wood used in its formation is locally sourced except the top which is laminated trim! While this helps in keeping the cost down, it does not make any distinction in the tone as it is the top that matters the most. It shows a Rosewood fingerboard.
- Tone- loud and full with good low end
- Looks- Natural
- Body- Laminate
- Value for Money- High
- Significance for money
- Full tone with decent volume projection
- Nice for fingerstyle
- Ordinary looks
3. Yamaha FS80C Acoustic Guitar :->
- Made in Yamaha Music India factory
- Brand: Yamaha
- Stainless Steel
- High durability and stability proven by Yamaha's quality standard
- Concert body cutaway with comfortable playability for beginners
Yamaha has the right to all the value for beginning the Made-in-India guitars that are limited to the Indian market. This signature truly appreciates the needs of an amateur guitarist in India. The FS80C is another great concert-sized acoustic on this catalog. The low-end is well complimented by bell-like highs. Thus, in the tone section, the FS80C trumps the MD39C.
The FS80C is coated in a spruce top. The rear and walls are locally sourced wood to keep it reasonable and endurable. The neck is also earned of locally sourced wood. It has a rosewood fretboard.
The cutaway encourages simple access to elevated frets and the thinner core makes it easier for people with a minor frame to play it.
There might be tiny issues with string spacing and tuning knobs that are common in these made-in-India Yamaha guitars but it could be pardoned evaluating the budget.
- Tone- Bright Sounding ample low end
- Body- Laminate
- Looks- Gloss Natural Finish
- Value for Money- High
- String & Value for Money- Bronze, Very high
- Very gorgeous looking
- The decent bass response for a concert-sized acoustic
- Delicate body
- Small manufacturing inconsistencies may be existing
4. Vault- E40 Acoustic Guitar:->
- Cutaway Acoustic steel string guitar with dual action truss rod which gives you the liberty to adjust the action of your neck in either direction if warped.
- Vault EA40 comes with high precision (18:1), chrome-plated die-cast tuners. This allows you an effortless & precise tuning. This is a preferred tuning machine head preferred by a lot of professional guitarists, as they stay in tune for longer.
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar | Truss Rod | Cutaway
- Size 41” | Finish - Natural | Top - Solid Spruce
- Back - Sapele Mahogany Laminate | Sides - Sapele Mahogany Laminate
The first thing that will attack you about this guitar is its extraordinary look. A lovely zebra pattern end is unusual for acoustic guitars in this price range in India. With a full length of 40 inches, this guitar features black, lubricated engine head tuners.
One of the more excellent acoustic guitars from Vault, which is deliberately making its mark in the musical instrument appetite in India.
Moreover its extraordinary looks, the Vault EA-40 acoustic guitar features a cut-away and 20 playable frets. The fretboard and bridge are rendered of rosewood. The neck is rendered from basswood.
Existing slightly smaller than the common dreadnought, this guitar seems to project a well-balanced tone without showing any affinity for a special frequency range.
This guitar appears as a bundle with a non-padded gig bag, a string winder, a strap, scrubbing micro-fiber cloth, picks, truss rod adjusters.
- Glares like a much more valuable guitar with a foreign finish
- Tremendous build personality for the price
- Straight and equalized tone. Tremendous for finger-picking.
- Ebook guide for novices
- Adaptable truss rod
- The scarcity of bass might be unappealing to some
- Negative electronics
5. Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar:->
- Traditional Western Body
- Back/Side/Neck Material:Locally Sourced Tonewood(To minimize waste and support sustainable procurement, various species of tonewoods are used based on availability.)
- Top Material:Spruce,Fingerboard Material:Rosewood, Bridge Material:Rosewood
- Tuners:Covered Chrome(TM-14P), Finger Board Width (Nut/Body) 43 mm (1 11/16")
Certainly, one of the vastly recommended and best guitar brands for learners in India, Yamaha F310 is highly liked by students and moderate guitar players.
It is a full-bodied dreadnought that has influential and responsive bass. The playability is satisfactorily decent, even for a beginner, provided it is set up correctly by a good lute.
As anticipated from a full-bodied dreadnought, the guitar has incredible resonance and bass reaction. The tone transparency is also surprisingly nice for an all-coated guitar.
The body features a normal gloss finish. The neck, back, and sides are made of locally sourced tone-wood. The top is of coated spruce. The tuners have a chrome texture. The fretboard and bridge are rendered of rosewood for bigger sustainability.
In our recommendation, this is by far the nicest acoustic guitar in India.
- Tone- Loud and base heavy
- Body- Laminate
- Playability- Little high straight action out of the box
- Outstanding guitar to start with
- Tremendous tone and playability
- Good volume and forecast
- Good looking like a guitar with a realistic finish
- Rate is a bit elevated for a guitar with no electronics
- No fixtures are available as a freebie
6. Fender CD-60 Dread V3:->
- Dreadnought body style spruce top with scalloped "x" bracing, mahogany back and sides black, natural or sunburst gloss finish walnut fingerboard/bridge
- Body back: Laminated mahogany body sides: Laminated mahogany body top: Spruce body finish: Gloss polyurethane body shape: Dreadnought bracing: Scalloped x rosette: White pearloid acrylic
- Neck material: Mahogany neck binding: N/a neck finish: Gloss urethane neck shape: "c" shape scale length: 25.3" (643 mm). Nut Width : 1.69" (43 mm)
- Hardware bridge: Walnut bridge pins: White with black dots hardware finish: Chrome tuning machines: Die-cast pickguard: 1-ply black
- Miscellaneous strings: Fender dura-tone 880l coated 80/20 (.012-.052 gauge)
Fender has been correlated with super-high priced electric guitars for so long that occasionally we forget that they also have a few learner acoustic guitars with rather remarkable specs.
The CD-60 V3 is a version of one such model. This could be a big option for novices who are severe about learning the instrument and looking for a long-term undertaking.
The use of two favorable kinds of wood imparts a vibrant and balanced tone with stunning clarity. Fender acoustics may not be vastly playable right out of the box. Nevertheless, you can take it to any local machinist for a full-setup. This will ensure that the guitar has an acceptable effort.
Quality-wise, Fender has left no jewels unturned. The top is coated spruce while the back and sides are coated with mahogany.
The fingerboard is rendered of walnut. Be cautious though, some counterfeit prototypes are being bought online. Often crosscheck your purchased guitar with pictures on the Fender website.
- Trademark value of Fender
- Wealthy and counteracted tone
- Promising build quality
- Some prototypes could be made in China being sure of on your luck
- Litigation might need some adjustment after possession
7. CortAD810-OP Acoustic Guitar:->
- The standard series is a collection of acoustics that deliver great value
- They benefit from cort's 50 years of experience building fine instruments
- The ad810 features a laminate spruce top, mahogany back and sides, rosewood fretboard, mahogany neck, die cast tuners and rosewood bridge
- Mahogany neck and rosewood fretboard
- Rosewood bridge
Cort has created a mysterious formula to relieve the changing demands of amateur Indian guitarists. A lot of low-end prototypes are accessible from the factory at an adequate price. The AD810-OP, nevertheless, is very outstanding.
This guitar transmits quite a point for its value. As a guitar manufacturer that has existed in the demand for half a century, Cort has formulated this model, keeping in mind the provisions of an amateur guitarist.
A coated spruce top and mahogany back and sides generate soft bell-like tones, with a short bass response to keep everything in place. This guitar has a rosewood bridge and fretboard. Die-cast chrome finish-colored tuners have been used by Cort. The neck has a dove-tail hookup.
This is a standard dreadnought sized guitar. The volume prognosis is as loud as anticipated. “OP” in the phrase stands for open pores, which tells that it does not have a thick finish. This enhances the tone and increases sustainability.
- Decent tone clarity
- Glances stunning
- Audible volume
- Good playability
- No electronics
8. Epiphone Pro-1 Acoustic Guitar:->
- The PRO-1 has a gloss finish with a Proprietary bracing pattern with a laminated Spruce top and laminated Mahogany body and neck. The neck profile is an EZ-PRO with a scale length of 24.75 and a Dual Action Truss Rod and Rosewood F-board
- This acoustic has a PRO-Ease coated fingerboard with jumbo frets and a Tronical Speed nut. The Rosewood Bridge is a pinless string-thru system and a Compensated Tronical SpeedSaddle
- With extra light strings this acoustic is very easy and incredibly fun to play. This fantastic experience also includes a Gigbag and the Award winning eMedia online lessons. Epiphone also give you a humidifier to help take care of your new guitar.
As we deliberately move up our payments, the options get considerably better and the list of features goes up.
Epiphone is the guitar brand that has been motivated by guitar giant Gibson. The model methods have various resemblance with Gibson but are available at a price that is accessible for the normal amateur guitarist.
The Epiphone Pro-1 acoustic guitar is intended for mainly amateurs who want fast outcomes from the procedure. The fretboard is specially greased to strengthen playability.
The act is usually low, directly out of the box. A slim neck profile also makes gripping easier and simpler for beginners. The tonal clarity is an amazing and sound projection and sustain are also quite commendable.
This model comes in numerous colors, gloss black or two-tone sunburst finish. The harness is from Graphene Nu-bone and, accordingly, provides good sustain to the tone.
Traditional bridge pins are nonexistent, and instead, a pin-less string-through system is existing. This earns it simpler to put on a new pack of strings on the guitar. The plastic tuning knobs are the only let down in this prototype.
- Tremendous looking guitar
- Effortlessly playable action and neck profile
- Tonal clarity is adequate
- No electronics for the cost
- Tuning knobs are mouldable
9.Yamaha FX310A Acoustic Guitar:->
- Electro version of UK's best-selling acoustic guitar
- Outstanding quality and value
- Hand-finished construction, Traditional Western Body
- Select tone woods for amazing sonic performance
- Slightly shortened scale-length for ease of playing
Yamaha guitars are necessarily famous in India because of the quality that they provide at a fairly low price-point. This one has got all of the traits to be one of the nicest acoustic guitars for amateurs in India.
The formerly mentioned Yamaha F310 is evaluated to be UK’s bestselling acoustic guitar. The Yamaha FX310A acoustic guitar is an electro-acoustic version of Yamaha F310.
Since acoustically, the FX310 and F310 are virtually similar guitars, we shall only discuss the extra features of the FX310. Living an electro-acoustic, the Yamaha FX310 has an under-saddle pickup system with a System 53 – Active 3 preamplifier.
It can be related to an amplifier and does not require a superficial microphone during executions.
There are a 3 band equalizer and volume control with an LED pointer for the battery. Any widespread 9V battery pack can be used to power the electronic system of this guitar.
- Has tremendous tone like the Yamaha F310
- Stage prepared with onboard pickup and preamplifier system
- Onboard equalizer furnishes greater freedom for tone control while plugged in
- Good for novices who have long term objectives.
- A handful of players might prefer to exchange the electronics for a solid wood top at this rate point
10. Yamaha FG800 Acoustic Guitar:->
- A value acoustic with pro looks and features, the newest installment Yamaha FG series
- Comfortable dreadnought body with tapered waist fits all players and solid spruce top is full and balanced
- Scalloped bracing improves Punch and projection
- Slim, tapered neck with fast satin finish glides through the hand and rosewood fingerboard with comfortable rounded edges
- Stable die-cast tuners
Certainly, so many Yamaha’s in the list implies that the corporation is doing something good in the Indian market.
The Yamaha FG 800 is the only guitar on this catalog to accentuate a solid top. This implies that the ceiling of the guitar body is not a coating but a solid piece of wood. This itself is an explanation for the rate tag.
The body emphasizes a solid spruce top and coated mahogany back and sides. A solid spruce top guarantees that the prediction is bright, and the mahogany back and sides complement this with a darker and calmer outcome on the tone.
The tuners are of great value. Scalloped clasping makes the sound very attentive, and even the minor dynamics in the volume are heard plainly.
Many guitars in this cost spectrum may offer built-in electronics, which the Yamaha FG 800 does not, but in terms of tone, it cannot be won against. For amateurs who have already agreed to invest in an extended-term option, Yamaha FG800 is the truest selection.
- The top-notch tone for the cost spectrum
- Hardly solid top guitar in the book
- Build quality and playability is incredible.
Qualities to be checked before buying a Guitar:
Do you want to play the guitar as just a hobby that makes you enjoy the music and happy? You should decide your budget according to your requirements.
Starting with the affordable option might seem wiser. It has its demerits, however. Guitars can be made at extremely cheap prices by jeopardizing the most important things: tone and playability.
Every acoustic guitar is built differently using different materials and, therefore each guitar has its unique sound.
A combination of the unique touch of every guitar player creates something new called tone. As a beginner, you might wonder how can you judge a good guitar tone.
Numerous factors affect the guitar tone. The most vital things to think are tone-wood, neck-wood, and fretboard.
For a newbie, the guitar should have an even tone. It should not have a heavy bass, that disturbs the other frequencies of the guitar.
It is the pressure of your fingertips that produces a musical tone on the guitar.
The distance between the strings and the wooden board below is called guitar action. More the action, the loftier the distance between the strings and the fretboard.
A beginner usually loves to play lower action, as it is easier. The wood used for the fretboard determines playability.
Commonly fretboards are made of rosewood, maple, and ebony. Rosewood and ebony have open pores.
Maple fretboards have a coating on them. This also affects playability to some extent. Various other factors like fretboard radius, neck thickness, and string gauge, play a major role.
Whether the body is made of laminate wood or solid wood, the type of tone-wood used has a very dominant effect on the tone or type of sound that you hear from the guitar.
Sitka spruce and mahogany are fairly cheaper options for tone-wood.
A laminate build would be the better choice for a newbie guitar player in India.
Not only because it’s cheaper, but also because it is more enduring and involuntary to changes in weather, temperature, and humidity in particular.
These guitars come in a diversity of shapes: dreadnought, parlor, cutaway, folk, and many more, are some terms that you will hear enormously when an acoustic guitar body shape is described.
The best guitar for a noob guitarist would be the ones with a smaller body size.
It is eventually the tremor produced in the strings that cause the guitar body to reverberate and generate the colorful sounds that we expect from an acoustic guitar.
These are some of the best guitars available in the Indian market. Reading these above features of guitars people can think they are all same but they have many different features too. Make sure you sure to check every feature of a guitar before buying and don’t just get persuaded to a trademark name. Guitars should be bought according to a person’s size, age, and physical strength so it does not affect a person’s performance or health. Guitars have features like people. If a guitar is kept hanging in a store for a long time and not played it gets stiff. So it needs to be played from time to time to relax it up and send out its original sound.
Music and musical taste are exceptionally emotional topics. No two people can exactly agree with concerns about the parameters for selecting a guitar.
Handfulprefers playability, while some cannot compromise on tone. It is also not unusual for amateur guitarists to make a choice based on how good an instrument glances.
Purchasing a guitar for a beginner can be a tough one. So, before making a choice, every amateur should understand that it is eventually the performer that makes a guitar sound promising or terrible.
A good guitar player can make even the terrible instrument sound decent.
Nevertheless, it is also true that learning on an improved sounding instrument is very rewarding and motivating in itself.
On the additional hand, no matter how good a guitar sounds, bad playability, and poor factory format can lead to an unplayable tool. The steep understanding curve on such an instrument can demotivate guitarists, who are just starting, to quit altogether.
Last but not least, the cost is always a factor. Capitalizing too much without expectation can be unreasonable.
Although the fame of guitar as an instrument has been rising all through the India, the range of brands and models to prefer from are few and far between, as are decent music instrument stores.
Fortunately, online stores have very flexible retrieval strategies these days. This eradicates the chances of getting squeezed with the untrue instrument as you can always return it and get your money back.
Our recommendation would be to shortlist and try out a couple of guitars before calming down for the one