BEST HARMONICA FOR BEGINNERS IN INDIA
Are you a music lover? Yes! Also, a beginner at the same time? Yes! And you’re planning to buy your first musical instrument? If that’s also a yes, then you are at the right place because hers is a detailed description of the best harmonica for beginners available in India. Harmonica is also known as mouth organ or French harp, Mouth Harp and Harpoon. Harmonica is a flat, tiny, wind instrument used worldwide in various genres. Harmonicas are perfect for beginners as it is easier to learn, due to its smaller size it serves as a great companion for the musician also musician’s first choice on road.
Harmonica opens wide opportunities for the player not only in folk and blues but also used in various genres like a rock to classical, jazz to pop. In the music world, some renowned musicians in the world are Stevie Wonder o Bob Dylan created some everlasting music with Harmonica as its sound has a soft tender tone that instantly touches one’s heart. In India, the best mouth organ to learn easily is a flute and in the second position stands Harmonica.
Using our mouth and blowing direct air into the harmonica creates a melodious sound. In musical terms, exhaling air from the mouth is called ‘BLOW’ however inhaling air has to be ‘DRAW’ also along with that, sliding of harmonica occasionally with the fingers is also necessary with key models.
BEST HARMONICAS FOR BEGINNERS IN INDIA
1.Hohner Silver Star M50401X C-Harmonica, Silver
The best version of Harmonica specifically for beginners is none other than Hohner Silver Star M50401X C-Harmonica. It is considered as one of the finest quality harmonicas which is a combination of both an excellent response and qualifies with pleasing sound when played. This finest quality Harmonica is a single note instrument and is identifiable as well as for its unlimited channel options. “Blow and Draw” i.e. passing air-in and passing air-out is done super smooth way and so can set on the low pitch as well. As it became easier to lower the pitch of a particular note for the player which produces the most smooth and beautiful style of blues music. The undivided openings of the channels let the air pass over both in and out rather than draw and blow reeds simultaneously. These harmonicas are also called Blue Harps and they are available in various forms of keys.
The harmonicas come in an attractive silver color with 0.9mm brass reed plates. With a 10cm elongated body it feels easy enough to grip and turn on the key C. So, beginners make a way for this amazing product to start the musical journey with such an amazing piece of harmonica. Yes, this product is best suited for learning Rock, Country music, and Folk genres itself at the beginner level. Of course, it’s the best gift item to gift your loved ones as this is the best model available at amazing rates and comes with great sound too. So, it’s the right time now on to produce that bluesy pleasant sound with some particular lower notes and provides an effortless satisfaction.
- The product is pocket friendly
- Preferred by beginners
- The durability of this model is long-lasting
- Comes with good sound quality with undivided channels
- Only for beginner level not for the advanced player.
2.East top T008k Diatonic Blues Mouth Organ Harmonica
The East top T008k Diatonic Blues mouth organ harmonica is manufactured by a renowned company in China. They are specifically known to manufacture the best harmonicas and distribute them all over the world with the best quality. It has 10 holes, Blues, and is a diatonic Harmonica. It is made up of stainless-steel screws, built with good quality. The product’s net weight is 83g, the thickness of its baseplate is 1.2mm, and made up of good quality cooper. Reed is made up of phosphor bronze. Has a pleasant quality of sound with air drawn smoothly. Highly recommended for beginners in Diatonic Harmonica.
- Comes with a plastic protection cover.
- Product is budget-friendly.
- Preferred by beginners as well as professionals.
- Bright and fantastic sound quality.
- Product is light weighted and easy to carry.
- Ordinary look.
- Clarity of sound lacking in this product.
3. Swan SW1020H 10 Hole Harmonica Mouth Organ
- Swan 10 hole key of C blues harmonica
- Key of C and Key of G
- Copper chrome reed, phosphor bronze gongs, seat: copper base plate Fret: resin
- Copper base plate
Many searches for the best Harmonica at beginner level in Indian Quora so here are it the best quality product comes in some cool color none other than Swan 10 hole Harmonica. It comes in a beautiful silver color. It’s made up of copper base plate and phosphor bronze gongs which is proof of its super quality. Highly recommended that Reed is the best choice for beginners to play and learn simultaneously. The usefulness of Key C is that it produces impressive sound. The product is constructed amazingly with the logo in front adds an extra beauty to the Harmonica. Swan SW1020H has 10 holes making it easier to blow in and draw out giving out a pleasant sound effortlessly. Highly affordable or can be called a student-friendly product. Description of the product is, it is 10.5 cm long, 3cm wide and 2cm in height making it easy to carry the product and can make a mood at any occasion.
- Perfect musical instrument to begin a career in music.
- Pocket-friendly product for musicians with a limited budget.
- Best quality of sound.
- Precisely manufactured with open channels and comes with perfect finishing.
- Beginner-friendly of course for kids too.
- Exists small manufacturing inconsistencies.
4. Havana C Scale Harmonica DF10C
- With Plastic Case and Cleaning Cloth
- C scale
- 10 holes
- Best For beginners
Another best product in India recommended for beginners in India – Havana C Scale Harmonica model no. DF10C. This harmonica features a stainless steel cover that proposes outstanding tonal output. To add to it, stainless steel is known for its corrosion resistance. The 10 keyholes on this harmonica offer an easy and great playing experience. The key C helps the beginners specifically to provide convenience in playing the harmonica. This product used to play in Blues and American Folks. It is 15 cm in length, 4 cm in width, 5cm in height. The product’s weight is nearly 70gms. One of the bestselling Harmonicas.
- Perfect for beginners.
- Provided with a plastic case for protecting the product from dents.
- Lightweight product.
- Comes in beautiful silver color making it look attractive.
- Lacks clarity of sound.
5.East top T10 Blues Mouth Organ Harmonica
- 10 Holes C Tune Blues Harmonica
- Material- Copper, Stainless Steel, ABS and High quality tamber.
- Suitable for all harmonica enthusiasts and any beginner.
- With an exquisite box and a cloth to keep it clean and safe.
- Metal body and metal reeds.
Honoring all the musicians and music across the world, one of the best Chromatic harmonicas is East top T10 Blues Harmonica comes with 10 holes blues c key harmonica. The price is relatively less than other products in chromatic harmonicas. This product comes in premium quality harmonica easy to blow and draw. The product can be handled with ease and with perfect tuning. The net weight of the product is 240gms. The length of the product is 18cm, 4cm wide, and 3cm in height. IT is made up of copper, stainless steel, ABS, high-quality timber. The product works well and letting the player play music at any time, anywhere.
- The best lightweight product in Chromatic harmonica.
- Suitable for all harmonica fanatics and any beginner.
- With an beautiful box and a fabric to keep it clean and safe.
- Made of metal body and metal reeds.
- Pleasant sound quality.
- Look is ordinary.
- Scarcity of brass metal.
6. Hohner Ocean Star C M254001S Harmonica
- Reeds: 48
- Reedpaltes: Brass; 0.9 mm
- Comb: Plastic
- Length in cm: approx. 18.0.
The Hohner Ocean Star C M254001S Harmonica is the top product on the list and the best product for beginners in India as it can the wise choice for beginners to buy and play it. The product is provided with 48 reeds and the reed is made up of 0.9mm brass plates making it an amazing product to buy at the first chance. There ain’t any doubt that Hohner is the best brand known for manufacturing the best harmonicas. The product has 24 holes and 3 octaves and it’s quite manageable and easier to handle as it is 7cm long and comes with an impressive get-up. The brand Hohner knows how to manufacture their products however keeping the requirements in mind of the customers could be the only reason why the brand has a huge fan following and the bestselling all over the world.
- Brings out the clean and crisp sound
- Preferred by professionals but beginners can start their journey with this product too.
- Look of the product is attractive and shiny.
- Easy to play and learn as breath is easily influenced by music than fingers.
- Does not come in a student-friendly budget.
7.Vault HA1100 Key C 10-Hole Harmonica Mouth Organ
- The HA1100 is a basic 10 hole diatonic harmonica in the key of C which is ideal for beginners and professionals alike. The Vault HA1100 Harmonica is the perfect gift for any budding musician. Built with materials that last, this harmonica gives you a playing experience and sound like no others.
- The HA1100 is very simple to grasp and learn. If approached correctly, this harmonica will become your daily practise ritual and you will enjoy the tonal quality whilst getting hooked to it.
- This Harmonica comes in a sleek Matte black brass cover and it also has a carry case that you will find in the box. This prevents it from getting scratched and from other wear and tear. The brass cover makes it stand out from the other instruments and it gives it a very unique look.
- Key of C: 10 holes
- Matte black brass cover : Hard carry case
The product is a basic 10 hole diatonic harmonica in the key of C ideal for beginners and professionals too. The Vault HA1100 Key C 10-Hole Harmonica provides a sweet-sounding tone and reliable performance. This harmonica is built with high-quality materials that ensure amazing sound and greater durability. The black brass cover which has a matte finish, harmonica projects great sounds, whilst enhancing a harmonicist’s playing experience. This product comes with a hard case that protects the product from accidental bumps making the harmonica ideal for beginners. If approached correctly, this particular harmonica will become the daily practice ritual and enjoying the tonal quality whilst getting hooked to it. The sleek black matte black brass cover prevents from getting scratched and from other wear and tear. It gives a unique look making it stand out from the other instruments. The net weight of the product is 100gms. The dimensions of this product are 15cm long, 4.4cm wide, 3cm in height. There are 10 holes key of C.
- Comes with a matte black brass cover with a hardy case too.
- This particular model is very simple to grasp and learn.
- Always a perfect gifting item for those music lovers
- Built with materials increasing the product durability.
- Most pleasant sound quality.
- Both for beginners as well as professionals.
- All styles of music cannot be played in this.
- High priced.
Points to be looked at before buying a Harmonica
- To buy according to the type of Music:So, a beginner who started playing Blues i.e. a diatonic harmonica always serves the rightful choice. A diatonic harmonica can be chosen for Rock, Pop, Folk. However, for classical music a chromatic harmonica is always preferable, provided in the first go you must not cut corners and must buy a harmonica of superior quality. Chromatic harmonicas are considered best to be played jazz music and yes Bollywood numbers too!
- Accessories are needed:There are some tools which will help to polish the skills with harmonica. Mostly being, the beginner it is required to look up the key guidelines, some major tutorial books as well. Of course, these accessories are available online along with the best harmonica of your choice. Why the major requirement to buy accessories for mouth-organ? To prepare your favorite harmonica for the long run.
- Mouth Organ Price: The price of harmonica to be taken into consideration and a thing to pay attention to. So, a low-priced harmonica won’t serve the desired response, a low-quality harmonica and a cheaper one may be out of tune, the sound will lack clarity, not responsive. However, the mouth organ price in India is quite minimal. Basic models of harmonica come within the 200-300 price range, yes harmonica can be played and learned on the same. If there is no big deal in purchasing the higher models which costs in thousands a big yes to those products. It is well known that the higher the price the better the quality. Costing too depends on the Brand name paying some thousands. Though now on some brands started selling some flexible ranges of harmonicas enabling customers to opt for high range or low ranged products sticking to the same brand of the choice.
- Key/Scales of Harmonica: The professionals do recommend that the first bought harmonica must be a C scale harmonica. To begin with, learning harmonica, a 10 notes type which is a diatonic harmonica, or if it is 24 notes then, the chromatic harmonica is always suggested.
TYPES OF HARMONICAS
There are a lot more to know about Harmonica but first of all, to go along with it, it is required to know about the types of Harmonica, there are a lot however the best knowns are Diatonic, Chromatic, Tremolo, Octave, Chord, Orchestral, etc.
Below mentioned are a classification of the types which would help to bring home the best harmonica:
- Diatonic: The Diatonic, known as Standard 10-Hole used for a huge range of genres like Folk, Blues, Rock, Pop, and Country Styles. This type is also known as the basic type of Harmonica and is also considered as the best type of Harmonica available for beginners which would be easier and simpler to start the journey. They have 10 holes which can play till 19 musical notes altogether during the blow and draw mentioned above.
- Chromatic: Considering this type of Harmonicas comes with a button on its side which is used to manage the scales in this instrument. If the button is not pressed one can play the harmonica ins the major scale which is normal in the key of chromatic. One can get any scale or mode after mastering this type of Harmonica with the help of the given button in the chromatic one. Generally, the most used rather widely used genre includes Jazz and Classical music however want to add a surprising note here i.e., when searches it is found in every style of music!
- Tremolo: This type of Harmonicas is used to add special effects to a piece of music. The Tremolo is such type Harmonica which comes with Double Holes. The holes can be of any number 6, 8, 10, 12, or even more, sets but not less! Each of the holes in Double Holes provided with two reeds tuning done with the same note. However, there is a difference which is every time one note is higher than the other one slightly.
- Chord: Chord harmonica represents the class of specialty of harmonicas. Why they belong to the specialty class? As these harmonicas can produce 48 diverse chords. Their sizes are larger and these are used in studios to create music. Chord harmonica produces the most rhythmic tones and is always a treat to the ears. Music created by Chord harmonicas is laid by 4 note clusters in blocks.
- Orchestral: One special feature of this type of orchestral harmonicas is they can be brought in both diatonic as well as chromatic models too. They are usually played in variable harmonica music groups. These are available in various note layouts and pitch ranges.
Beginner Harmonica is the best choice for a promising artist. The above mentioned are some best Harmonicas in the market available. Scanning some above features of harmonicas, some may assume that all are the same however they differ at some point in their features. A great analysis must be done before buying a product, all the features must be taken into account and do not get carried away with the brand’s name. Keeping in mind, Harmonica should be according to the buyer’s choice which is beginner level and professional musicians must not mix up their harmonica choices. Whatever be a musical instrument it should always be treated with a lot of care. Above mentioned list is used by a lot of beginners as well practitioners playing Harmonica and playing for long with passion. All the above harmonicas are from renowned manufacturers resembling their brand. Whichever harmonica is chosen, it will become exciting and quite fascinating to play and learning will become easier.
Where words fail, music speaks a language so divine and magical that it can only be felt and cannot be expressed in words. Two exceptionally emotional topics are music and musical taste. No two people can agree on the concerns about the features of choosing a harmonica. Some prefer durability while others lookup for tonal quality. It’s quite unusual to think that a passionate artist will end up choosing an instrument based upon its looks. Yes, it is a tough decision for a beginner which one to purchase. So, before heading off, every buyer should understand that it is eventually the musician that makes the tone of the harmonica promising or sounding terrible. A good player can make a terrible instrument sound decent. Nevertheless, it is also true that learning on an improved sounding instrument is very rewarding and motivating in itself. On the other way round, no matter how good an instrument sounds, less durability and poor format can lead to the unplayable one. The steep learning curve on such a musical instrument can demotivate musicians who just started their journey as musicians. We cannot overlook that cost is always a major factor. Capitalizing too much without expectation can be unreasonable. Although the popularity of harmonica as an instrument increased at a high scale in India, the variety of brands and models to choose from are less, as are some decent music instrument stores. Yes, online stores fortunately are a well-known learning strategy these days. This can eliminate the chances of getting handed over with some untrue instruments as a customer can always return it and get the money back.
More such article you love to read are