The best violins for beginners in India the music field (in Indian markets)
Whenever we think about musical instruments, many instruments pass through our thoughts. One of those obvious instruments is the violin too. A violin is a very famous musical instrument that every person may have seen or at least heard of in his/her life. A violin is a very delicate musical instrument. It has a classy look and gives off a classy feel when a person plays it. In India, violins are used for traditional music, especially in the southern regions.
Other than traditional music people who are in band groups or orchestra use violins for their music performances. A violin looks classy and people are very attracted to its style but in reality, it’s quite difficult to play. For these reasons people who are interested in these fields tend to start from a very young age. Many times students prefer to play violins and hence start from a very young age. So for keeping their interests and making a violin fulfill its purpose the best one has to be chosen.
The qualities of a violin to be checked before buying
- Whether buy or rent- There are many violins available nowadays in the market and at very affordable prices. However, if you aren’t quite sure if the violin whether or not suits your taste renting your beginner’s violin will be a very good idea.
- Size matters- Never purchase or rent a big sized violin for a beginner. Playing on a wrong-sized instrument can cause problems with the techniques of playing. The wrong size of the violin can also cause chronic neck, back, and arm injuries. So violins should be bought according to a person’s age, hand shape, body size, and physical strength.
- Material and craftsmanship- Since violins are handcrafted instruments they are very costly and are made with precision. Violins are made with different tonewoods and have beautiful carvings on them. A deep carving in a violin indicates superior craftsmanship. Also, we shall properly check the joining areas around its body if they fit tightly. A good violin has a symmetrical alignment.
- The setup process- The setup process of a violin greatly affects a person’s performance. If neglected it can affect a person’s performance very badly.
- Chin and shoulder rest –A chin rest of a violin should fit the player’s chin or it becomes a little uncomfortable and there should also be good shoulder rest that helps to maintain a good posture.
- Hear it played- Violins are handmade and are made of organic materials so they have their unique sounds. Take someone with you who can play the violin and has the experience to check if the violin you buy sounds right.
Some of the best violins for beginners available in Indian markets
Today I have brought you the list of best rated and highest selling violins in the Indian market. These violins are considered to be from the most prominent brands and end up selling the maximum violins.
1. Stentor 1500 4/4
- Hand crafted with fine-grained solid spruce top
- Solid maple back
- Full ebony fittings
Stentor 1500 4/4 violin this violin is made by the brand Stentor. The Stentor brand is the leading manufacturer brand of high-quality student violins for beginners. The Stentor 1500 4/4 violin is highly recommended by teachers for beginners. The Stentor brand violins, violas, cellos, and basses are suitable for the very first beginners to the professional level.
The Stentor violins are well known for their quality and reliability. This violin is highly recommended by teachers for their students especially beginners. It is made of ultra quality tonewood. This model produces a good tone, a responsive sound and is highly capable of performing well. It can be a very good choice for the first violin of a beginner student. Despite violin being a sensitive instrument, this instrument has good durability and can withstand rough handling.
- The product dimensions are 6.2”*31.5”*11”
- This product weighs 4.4 pounds
- This violin has a carved, solid spruce top
- The back, ribs, and neck of this violin are carved from solid maple wood.
- This violin gives off a traditional vibe as it is finished in golden brown varnish.
- The fittings like fingerboards, pegs, and tailpiece are made of ebony.
- Its composite tailpiece has four integrated adjusters.
2.Kadence Vivaldi 4/4 violin
- Product Type : Violin Pack with hard case bow and rosin and digital tuner
- Durable construction
- Superior bow construction for reduced hand fatigue
- Spruce top for great tones and sound
The Kadence Vivaldi 4/4 violin is made by the brand Kadence. The Kadence Vivaldi series wants people for going to the symphony over and over again. It’s a very good violin and is highly recommended for beginners.
This violin comes with a hard case bow, rosin, and digital tuner. It has a durable construction and can withstand rough handling. It has a Superior bow construction for reducing hand fatigue while playing. Its brilliant spruce wood top produces an exceptional tone and superb sound.
- It has a mahogany top, back, and sides
- Its fingerboard and pegs are
- made of ebony
- The spruce wood quality is very good
- The violin has been given an Antique Varnish Matt finish
- Its bow is made with horsehair
3.Arctic Onyx Violin Kit (4/4 violin with case)
- Pine wood top, Maple sides & back, Glossy black finish
- Ebony fingerboard for rythmic smooth playing
- Superior bow construction for reduced hand fatigue, Rosin included
- Hard foam Thermo-formed-case with internal accessory pockets
- Light weight all-in-one Violin kit with Violin, Bow, Case and Rosin
Arctic violins are crafted with the best orchestral components and flawless wood. It brings together an elegant combination of body, design, wood, and art. Its oriental notes, Arctic violins let the players of all levels, age groups, and genres accomplish their practice and performance goals.
- It has a pinewood top, and sides &back made of Maple wood.
- It has a classy look and a silky finish.
- It has an ebony fingerboard for rhythmic and smooth playing.
- It comes with a hardfoam Thermo-foamed case with internal pockets for accessories.
- It is a lightweight all in one violin kit with violin, bow, violin case, and rosin.
4.Pal Music house 4/4 violin with case and bow
- Violin Pack with hard case bow and rosin
- Superior bow construction for reduced hand fatigue
- Spruce top for great tones and sound
Pal music house is one of the best violin brands in India. These violins are made of high-quality woods. This brand is mainly known for harmoniums and violins. This brand is focused only on few instruments and so they make the best in class instruments.
These violins are the best fit for beginners and they fulfill all the basic requirements of beginners. These are not made of very fancy wood but its wood quality is good. These bows for this violin are prepared to keep away from any sort of hand tiredness. These come in proper triangle cases with a chin rest and tailpiece.
- Violin pack comes with hard case, bow, and rosin
- This violin also has a spruce top for great tones and sound
- A little cheap on compared to other violins but good in quality
- It has a durable design and can withstand rough handling
- It is a perfect fit for beginners
5. SG Musical violin
Superior bow construction for reduced hand fatigue
Spruce top for great tones and sound
Product Type : Violin Pack with hard case bow and rosin
This is one of the leading violin brands in India. This brand was established in 1981 in Punjab, India. This company focuses on the most prominent woodwind and string-based instruments. SG Musicals are profound in selling harmoniums, violins, stars, and trumpets. This company delivers products worldwide like UK, Canada, USA, etc.
This violin is very unique, that are low-priced but have great harmonious tuning. These are a very good fit for beginners who learn lessons from the basics of violins. It is a handmade product and its color varies from one to another. It is made of Spruce wood top and produces an exceptional tone and superb sound.
- This violin also comes with a bow, hard case, and rosin
- It is a little cheaper compared to other violins but is of good quality
- Its superior bow construction avoids hand fatigue
- It’s lightweight and can be carried around easily
6.Blueberry Acoustic V10 violin
- Craftsmanship: all details were hand-carved by senior luthier
- Material: Maple top with maple back, sides and scroll. Hardwood fingerboard, pegs and chin rest, and an alloy tailpiece with four integrated fine tuners
- Outfit Includes: lightweight hard case, a bow with unbleached genuine, an adjustable shoulder rest with soft foam padding, bridge, rosin
- Disclaimer: Product images can be wary due to lighting effects in photography
Blueberry V-10 is a handcrafted violin. It is handcrafted by senior luthiers with a solid maple top and maple sides, backs, and scrolls.
It is fitted with a hardwood fingerboard, chin rest and pegs, and a tailpiece. The tailpiece has 4 included fine tuners. This violin is light weight and is carried around easily. It has an modifiable shoulder rest. The shoulder rest is made of soft foam padding and it also has a bridge. This violin is an ideal package for beginners.
- All details are hand-carved in this violin with senior luthier
- It has a maple top, sides, back, and scroll
- It has a Harwood fingerboard, pegs and chin rest
- Its tailpiece is prepared of alloy and has 4 included fine tuners
- It is a lightweight violin and very convenient.
7.Mendini 4/4 Mv300 Solid wood violin
- Brand: Mendini
- Solid Wood Satin Antique Violin with Hard Case, Shoulder Rest, Bow, Rosin and Extra Strings
- Full Size
Mendini 4/4 Mv300 violin is from the Cecilio brand. It is one of the best brands in India. The Mendini violins were introduced by the Cecilio brand itself. This brand makes violins of impeccable quality and which are affordable. These violins are used by beginners but can also be used by experts
It is a full-size solid wood violin kit and is perfect for student and beginner violinists. This violin is full size. It has a solid spruce top and also has solid maple back and sides. It comes with a maple fingerboard, chin rest, and pegs. It has an alloy tailpiece and four integrated fine tuners. It has been given a beautiful satin antique finish.
- Its bow is build with Brazilwood with unbleached authentic horsehair.
- Its kit comes with an extra set of violin strings.
- It comes with two violin bridges.
- It also has good quality rosin.
- It has an adjustable shoulder rest made of soft foam padding band soft rubber feet.
8. Yamaha Model 5 Violin 4/4 size
- Features a spruce top and maple back and neck that are made from select materials
- Each instrument is handcrafted utilizing the same traditional methods as used on Yamaha's high quality violins
- Includes rosewood pegs, chinrest and tailpiece, 4 fine tuners, Prelude strings
- A quality instrument for young students
- Oufit includes a lightweight case, brazilwood bow and rosin
When we hear of the Yamaha brand the first thing that comes to our mind is these company’s bikes. But very few people know that this brand is also famous for making the best quality violins. Yamaha claims that the violins made by them can be used for both for performing solo or in orchestra group. Yamaha explains that their violins are made with great precision.
It has a spruce top and maple back and neck that is made from selected and good quality materials. It is handcrafted and used the same conventional techniques of Yamaha ultra quality violins. It has pegs, chinrest, and tailpiece made of rosewood and has 4 fine tuners and prelude strings. It is a good quality instrument and is very suitable for beginners.
- It has a spruce top and maple wood back and neck that are made out of selected materials.
- This instrument is also made by the traditional methods that are used to make Yamaha’s high-quality violins.
- It has pegs, chinrest, and tailpiece made of rosewood.
- It also has 4 fine tuners and prelude strings.
- It is lightweight and can be carried easily.
- It has a lightweight case and its rosin and bow are prepared with brazilwood.
9.Cremona SV-150 violin
- Select tonewoods for the finest possible sound
- Every Cremona student violin comes with US-made Prelude strings, the educator's preferred strings for students
- Properly fitted Swiss-style boxwood pegs and quality lightweight composite tailpiece with 4 smooth fine tuners for easy tuning
- Correct string height and string spacing for accurate finger positioning and intonation
- Boxwood fittings, ebony fingerboard, hand carved solid spruce and solid maple body, lightweight construction means quality workmanship
Cremona is one of the leading violin brands favored by experts and they are of so high-quality that people all over the world buys them. This brand produces one of the most melodious violins and at affordable prices that won’t hurt your pocket. Experts claim that violins made by Cremona are very well suited for beginners.
This violin is a fine example of an instrument whose value and quality surpasses its price tag. Each of these violins is completely hand-carved. They are made out of selected solid tonewoods. It has quality workmanship and gives out the finest possible tone. It has been fitted with fine quality pegs, chin rest, and a composite tailpiece. It sounds great and has a very elegant look.
- It has a solid neat top.
- Its back and necks are done with solid maple.
- Its fittings like pegs, chin rest, and others are made out of good quality boxwood.
- Its neck is made of oiled solid maple.
- Its fingerboards are made of polished ebony.
- Its tailpiece is made of and prepared with 4 built-in fine tuners.
10. Sergio Tordini 4/4 full-size acoustic violins
- 4/4 (Full Size) Acoustic Violin
- Solid Spruce top : Solid Maple side and back
- Ebony pegs, chin rest and fingerboard, Brazilwood bow with white horsehair.
- Lightweight foam fitting soft case, High quality rosin.
- 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects
Sergio Tordini is one of the best violin companies and produces some exceptional quality violins. It is very popular in India. The violins created by this brand incorporates the use of high-quality wood and are handcrafted by some of the master craftsmen. The end product of these violins looks so exquisite and appealing that people tend to get attracted to it.
This brand manufactures its violins in a traditional design and this violin is also made like that. It has a traditional look and is made out of selected materials. The materials are so chosen that it enhances the tonal quality of the product. This violin is an excellent choice for the discerning musician
- It is a 4/4 full-size violin.
- It has a solid spruce top and its side and back are made of solid maple.
- Its pegs, chin rest, and fingerboard are made out of ebony.
- It has a Brazilwood bow with white horsehair.
- It has a lightweight foam fitting soft case and high-quality rosin.
FAQs about violin
- How do decide a budget for buying a violin?
If we find good quality violins in the market we can get many violins but not every violin has an affordable price with good quality. Budget plays a foremost aspect in this. Cheap violins are not of much use and stop working after a while. Good quality and high priced violins stay loyal to their customers and hence can be played for years. It’s not necessary to buy a high priced violin but we should check and buy a violin which has a good quality and moderate price. So properly decide your budget and then narrow down options for buying.
- What type of violins to buy?
Violins are categorized into 2 types. First are the electric violins and the other ones are the acoustic violins. Acoustic violins are preferred for beginners who like to play classical music. But if you like to play more of new hip hop trend music or want to use it for the professional purpose you should opt for the electric violin. An electric violin is difficult to play so it can take a great amount of practice and hard work. Mostly electric violins are preferred by professional musicians. So decide first what type of violin you want and then select one.
- What size of violin to purchase?
Violins come in many sizes and many ranges. From 4/4 size to 1/32 size or in normal terms it is from 23 inches to 13 inches. The size of a violin plays a vital role in how a person plays it. If a violin is too big or too small for a person it becomes an obstacle in performance. This also affects the performance of a person. People cannot give a violin used by professionals to kids or a violin used by kids to professionals. Smaller violins are for children and bigger ones are for adults.
The final verdict
These are some of the best violins available in the market. Reading these above features of violins people can think they are all same but they have many different features too. Make sure to check every feature of a violin before buying and don’t just get attracted to a brand name. Violins should be bought according to a person’s size, age, and physical strength so it does not effects are person’s performance or health. Violins have features like people. If a violin is kept hanging in a store for a long time and not played it gets stiff. So it needs to be played from time to time to loosen it up and release its original sound.
More such article you may love to read