BEST PIANO KEYBOARD FOR BEGINNERS IN INDIA
Do you like listening to soft piano tunes while going through your daily night time routine of procrastination? Are you looking for doing something productive instead of just procrastinating? Like learning how to play the tunes yourself? Well you are lucky! You are at the right place to find your suitable answer.
Since ages, keyboards are very commonly used as the base keying instrument that can perfectly produce musical note for every other instrument.Keyboard has always been the elementary musical instrument for any piece of song.Musical keyboards are great for composing background scores and also for adding classical music tones to increase the richness of the music. One can even play the musical notes for various other base instruments on this such as the guitars, flutes, harmonica and more. This is probably the actual beauty of this wonderful instrument that mesmerises people worldwide. They don’t really have any type of separate classification types for beginners and professionals.The only difference with professional musical keyboards is the additional musical note synthesis and extra audio features and they also cost more. Other than that minor detailboth party can use the keyboard with almost all the same keys.
Choose The Right Keyboard
A piano keyboard is probably the most widely used instrument in the world and it is very easy to get your hands on but not that easy to get the right one. No worries though, I got your back for that one.
Donot mistake pianokeyboards with Piano. They are more different than alike.
- Pianos are large-sized, and cannot be easily ported from placetoplace whereas keyboards are not that huge in size and readily mobile.
- The piano is an acoustic instrument with weighted keys which works mechanically to produce sound (a hammer hits the strings and produces the sound).
- Musical keyboards are electrical instruments with keys tuned without any constraints or bounds.
Casio and Yamaha are the leading manufacturers of piano keyboards in our country India. The price for these keyboards start from Rs. 3,400 and goes as high way as up to Rs. 30,000. Considering a beginner of almost any age range an investment of Rs. 5,000 on your first piano keyboard will probably be the best option for you.
List of Best Piano Keyboard For Beginners in India
1.Casio CT-S200RD 61-Keys Portable Keyboard
Casio is one of the leading manufacturers in the musical keyboard business.A casio keyboard might be the first keyboard for almost all keyboardists of this country. It can easily be used by beginner as well as a professional keyboardist.This Casio CT-S200RD is a compact-sized (93 x 25.6 x 7.3 cm) musical keyboard. It has a battery life of almost 19 hours. It is portable and easy to carry. It weighsaround 3.3 kg in weight. This allows people to carry it with themselves easily to any music shows or gigs as well as along their travels. Its pitch bend wheel allows easy pitch variations, and other navigation keys help to add realistic effects to the music quite easily.
The quality of sound is very good &clear and has a medium volume level. It is very suitable as a beginner’s keyboard.
- Size: 93 x 25.6 x 7.3 cm, weight: 3.3 kg can be easily movable
- 61 Key provides for the appropriate beginner’s range
- Connectivity: USB MIDI, LCD, Micro USB
- Can be operated on batteries (6 AA)
- Free protection cover is provided along with the keyboard for safety purpose
- Numerous navigator keys can be overwhelming for a beginner
2.Casio CT-S300 Casiotone 61-Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard
- A Beginner’s Slim & Stylish Keyboard with 61 Piano Style Touch Sensitive Keys & Pitch-Bend wheel
- Incredibly easy to use with its big & clear LCD display & intuitive controls
- Compatible with Casio’s Mobile Application “Chordana Play” which helps you learn all your favourite songs. Just download and import the MIDI file into the app & connect your phone to the Keyboard with an USB Cable. Chordana Play makes learning fun & easy.
- Equipped with 400 Tones & 77 Rhythms, the CT-S200 is an extremely versatile instrument with 13 Indian Tones & 14 Indian Rhythms
- Register your favourite settings to easily recall tones and rhythms with the “My Setup” button
This is almost the exact same as the Casio CT-S200 keyboard as above but it differs with one single extra feature.The additional feature here in this model is the Touch screen response.For this reason this keyboard costs approximately Rs 1000 more than the previous one. This is often the absolute favourite keyboard for any beginner as it is also the best keyboard for beginners in India according to many experts.
The Touch Response delivers changes in volume and tone depending on the force used to play the keys.This way thus if someone is planning to play piano keyboard for a long time buying this will be very worthwhile. The touch sensor is so amazing that one’s finger will not feel tired even after hours of practising.
- Size: 93 x 25.6 x 7.3 cm, Weight: 3.3 kg thus very mobile
- 61 Keys, with Easy pitch bend wheel selector
- Connectivity: USB MIDI, LCD, Micro USB
- Can be operated on batteries (6 AA)
- Value for money
- Beginners can have difficulty in operating touch sensor without any external help.
3.Casio SA-77 44 Mini Keys Keyboard, Black
- Start your child’s Musical journey by gifting them a Casio Mini Keyboard
- The SA-77 features 44 Mini Sized Keys which are a great fit for kids
- Explore the 100 Tones & 50 Rhythms and find an incredible variety of lifelike instruments
- The SA-77 features 10 Built-In Songs to play along with which’ll keep your little ones engaged
- Comes with 5 On-board Percussion Pads along with a Piano/Organ/Harmonium Button
This is a Mini Keys keyboard by Casio with only 44 keys. Often recommended for exceptionally young beginners and also for low budget consumers.This is made in such a way that it can only be used by beginners who plan to start learning the keyboard. It is not at all suitable for long term and professional keyboard playing.
- Size: 65 x 24 x 9 cm, Weight: 1.87 kg. Made to be handled by kids.
- Contains 44 Keys
- Produces different sounds of Piano, Organ and also Harmonium sounds
- LCD screen display
- It even operates on batteries (6 AA) so no need to search for power outlets
- Very low priced
- Cannot be used for professional purpose
- Cannot be used for further training
4.Yamaha PSRF51 61-Keys Portable Keyboard
- A starter keyboard for anyone who wants to enjoy playing music
- Incredibly easy to use with its color-coded, intuitive control panel
- Simply select a voice, choose a rhythm and start - it's as simple as 1-2-3
- With 120 voices and 114 styles, it is amazingly versatile
- The built-in metronome allows players to hone their sense of rhythm while practicing
This is Yamaha’s largest selling keyboard of all time. This portable keyboard of size (99.3 x 37.8 x 16 cm) weighing 4.9 Kg. It consists 61 keys. One is bound to like this keyboard if they have liked any other keyboard from Yamaha before. The keyboard has less variety of sound compared to the other Casio CT-S300. But this keyboard too delivers a great sound and the quality of the key is pretty good as well.
- 61 Keys produces a great range of sounds
- It has a 32 voice polyphony (Polyphony is the number of notes that can sound at once)
- Battery operated so less hassle of using power socket and cables
- Comes with an inbuilt LCD screen that improves usability and changes functions
With 4.9 Kg weight, it is difficult for beginners, who are children, to carry it around
5.Yamaha PSR-E-363 61-Key Touch Sensitive Portable Keyboard
- The PSR-E363 is an ideal portable keyboard for beginners and hobbyists
- Touch sensitive keys, on-board lessons, computer and mobile device connectivity and much more
- Yamaha education suite (Y.E.S.) Allows you to practice using the preset songs (or MIDI files on compatible instruments) at your own pace, one hand at a time or both together and USB to host connectivity with MIDI and audio transfer means you only need one cable to connect to your music-making software
- Compatibility : GM/XGlite and Tone Generating Technology : AWM Stereo Sampling
- Free power adapter inside the box, note: Yamaha product is warranted against faulty design, workmanship or materials for a period of 36 months for portable keyboards (PSR- S, E, F and I series)from the date of Purchase
This is the most sought afterpiano keyboard from Yamaha. This possess 61 keys which are touch-sensitive. The touch sensor can be turned off manually. Its sound is fantastic for professional usage. It is really easy to operate, quite user friendly and therefore a great buy for beginners. The sound quality is crisp and loud. It has the features of premium voices and more instruments. Great for beginners who wants to compose songs for various genres and tunes. All in all it is a great keyboard which is easier for beginners to tackle at the ground level.
- 61 Keys produces wide variety of voices & instrument sounds
- USB connectivity helps to connect with the computer easily when composing tunes
- Touch sensitive keys provides a sophisticated feel
- It is easily powered by 2 AA battery or via a power adapter
- Little higher in price than other beginner’s piano
6.Yamaha PSR-E263 61-Key Portable Keyboard
- The PSR-E263 Yamaha portable keyboard features a wide variety of sounds and functions for beginners, Amplifiers: 2.5 W + 2.5 W
- 61 full-sized keys are great for learning and developing keyboard playing technique ; Tone Generating Technology:AWM Stereo Sampling
- The Yamaha education suite can be used with the more than 100 preset songs, making it the ideal first keyboard for aspiring musicians
- The aux line input allows you to connect any music device with a headphone output, such as an MP3 player, a computer, a mixer or even another instrument and hear it through the internal speakers
- Power adapter included in the box
This Yamaha PSR-E263 is a 61 keys keyboard. It is another great option to consider while looking for the best keyboard for beginners in India. It has a great stereo system that produces quality sound perfect for amateurs. It is also battery operated (6AA batteries required).It features a comprehensive library of 400 instrument sound and 130 auto accompanied styles that enables one to play music of any genre.This doesn’t have a power adapter along with the product. So you will have to purchase it separately.
- Possesses great variety of sound
- Comes at a suitable price
- Can be used for multiple genres
- Does not come with a power adapter, one has to buy it separately
Things To Look Out For
- Action: Action describes how well the keys of the keyboard piano can respond when they are pushed down. Action varies for each and every keyboard model in firmness and resistance. Unweighted keys are easier to push down whereas weighted keys produce sound more like a traditional piano. Thus a keyboard with weighted keys can also be a good options for novice pianists or enthusiasts.
- MIDI Compatibility: MIDI literally stands for “musical instrument digital interface”. It is a common language for electronic instrumentsthat allows them to “talk” or “converse” to each other by sending and receiving signals. Although it is not a necessary feature in a piano keyboard for beginners, MIDI compatibility may become an important thing to the student if he or she gets into electronic music or chooses to interface the keyboard with a computer to compose music in the future.
- Computer Connectivity: Most of the leading keyboard companies offer computer connectivity. Although computer connectivity is not necessary to start learning to play, it is certainly a good option for students who plan to create their own music with music composition programs and make a career with it. Buying a beginner keyboard with computer connectivity will eventually help avoid the need to upgrade the keyboard in the future.
- Sampler/Recording Capabilities: As with MIDI compatibility and computer connectivity, sampler and recording options are also advised for students who eventually want to create their own musical compositions in the future.
- Storage: While it sure is an option, onboard storage is not really a necessary. Students can download software scraps and fresh keyboard sounds on micro-USB cards as a substitute. When a keyboard buying guide record storage as a characteristic, it usually refers to user settings—a keyboard with 100 different sounds, for case, may have an extra 100 blank settings for new sounds and user presets.
- Input/Output: Audio input to a keyboard or digital piano is uncommon and thus almost always uses MIDI when available. Keyboard output is definitely a feature of great importance, as it allows the use of amplifiers and also various recording equipment.
- Sound: Sound of your new keyboard is one of the most important point to consider when choosing a good keyboard for a beginner. The top keyboard brands produce sounds which are equivalent to those produced by a true piano.Other considerations include polyphony (the number of sounds a keyboard produces at any given time) and multitimbrality (the ability of the keyboard to play unlike other sounds such as drums, strings and woodwinds as a background or complement to the tune that is being played).
- Keyboard Size: A keyboard with full-size and weighted piano keys is probably the best keyboardfor adults to learn piano. However, such keyboards usually tend to have fewer sound options. For students interested in electronic music, a keyboard which has smaller and unweighted keys but more sound functions will be a good one to start with as a beginner.
- Number of Keys:While 88 key digital pianos are the best choice for beginners planning on learning to play traditional piano, they can also start learning to play with a simpler 66key instrument. 66 keykeyboards also comes at a much more cheaper price than the 88 key one.
Types Of Keyboards
Even though there is not much difference between beginner’s piano and the professional one but there still are different types of piano keyboards out there. A keyboard for a small child will not be suitable for an adult and vice versa. There are also some other factors to be kept in mind which lead to the following classification of piano keyboards:
- WORKSTATION KEYBOARD
A workstation keyboard is one of the more expensive keyboards and it essentially includes its very own computer for composition and advanced programming options. These are the keyboards used by many famous hip-hop and pop artists to program the beats and other parts of their composition to automatically play the song.
Workstation keyboards more often than not include weighted keys, making them anexcellent choice for the advanced beginner keyboard student. However, for anew or beginner composera controller and laptop provide the same tools for a lower price.
ADVANTAGES OF A WORKSTATION KEYBOARD
- Great for composition
- Allows pre-programming of simultaneously played music tunes
- Has weighted keys
- Offers professional features of industry standards and advanced play options
DISADVANTAGES OF A WORKSTATION KEYBOARD
- They tend to be priced at quite the higher end of the scale
- The sheer number of features can be too much to handle and can eventually overwhelm new students
- ARRANGER KEYBOARD
Arranger keyboards are one of the best help in your musical path. It is designed in such a way that it provides auto-accompaniment. One can simply select a few options after which the keyboard lays down a backing track on its own that matches the style, rhythm and tempo of the piece that is being played. This helps beginners in getting a feel for playing with other musicians while allowing them to play solo compositions as well.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ARRANGER KEYBOARD
- It suits to professional industry standards
- It is well suited for composition purposes
- Possess auto-accompaniment that encourages one to play
DISADVANTAGES OF AN ARRANGER KEYBOARD
- Starting prices is higher than those most of the beginner’s keyboards
- Beginners can find the huge range of programmableoptions overwhelming and difficult
This is the most popular music keyboard for beginners. A synthesizer is an electronic keyboard that is capable of generating a wide variety of sounds of different ranges. You can produce the sound of musical instruments as well as sound effects with the help of this. They are smaller and more portable than other advanced keyboards for beginning piano keyboard students and also quite ideal for any person who is interested in playing in bands or small ensembles or musical gigs.
ADVANTAGES OF A SYNTHESIZER
- It is almost exclusively designed for playing with other musicians in a band or group as well
- Provides output to amplifiers or recording equipment
- Most certainly bridges the gap between a piano and digital equipment
- Offers multiple sound options
DISADVANTAGES OF A SYNTHESIZER
- The quality of this instrument varies greatly from one brand to another
- It may limit talented keyboardists in their potential to play proper instrument
- Unweighted keys can cause difficulties to those who wishes to transition to an actual piano in the future
- DIGITAL PIANO
Rightly as the name suggests, a digital pianois a keyboard designed to imitate and produce the sounds as well as the feel of a piano. This is by far probably the best keyboard for beginners who need to focus on practicing and also needs to get a hang of musical notes and range.This is suitable for the early learning process for both a child and an adult.
Unlike the various other type of keyboards, a digital piano usually has 88 full-size keys. The best ones will have weighted and graded keys to bring the feel of a real piano. These often have speakers built into the it as well.Digital pianos often do not have the vast sound range similar to that of a synthesizer. They are usually intended for serious practice rather than experimentation of music.
ADVANTAGES OF A DIGITAL PIANO
- It almost gives off the exact feeling of playing a traditional piano due to the presence of weighted and graded keys
- Produces a great quality piano sound
- Offers volume control
- Much more cheaper than a traditional piano
- Is smaller in size and easily transportable
- Is ideal for practice for beginners and sometimes also for professionals
DISADVANTAGES OF A DIGITAL PIANO
- These pianos do not have a wide sound range so sound options relatively few
- They are not portable like synthesizers
- Playing gigs can be quite troublesome as there is no active full-size eight-inch jacks to facilitate easier setup
- CONTROLLER KEYBOARD
Controller keyboards have lower price tags compared to the than other keyboards for beginners. This is solely because they do not have any built-in sound-generating capabilities. In its place, the keyboard transmits MIDI data to other hardware or software. While this is definitely a good choice for someone interested in creating computer-based music, controllers are not recommended for students who want to learn playing only piano notes, rather than compose their own music.
ADVANTAGES OF A CONTROLLER KEYBOARD
- Can be used for computer composition
- Outputs direct MIDI information to synthesizers and computer softwares
DISADVANTAGES OF A CONTROLLER KEYBOARD
- Can be played only when plugged in to a computer or laptop
- No onboard sounds
- Not a great choice for beginner stage
I hope this article could provide you with sufficient answers and solve your queries about the best type of piano keyboard for beginners. No matter which one of the above you choose, I guarantee you will be having a blissful experience learning all the quirks and bends of this beautiful instrument. And if one day any one of the musical newbie reading this can actually do great things in their upcoming musical career then my objective will be succeeded. Wish you all the luck in the world for this new journey of yours. With your fingers at ready, play away.
I hope you like the article on the best piano keyboard for beginners
More such article you may love to read
Best piano keyboard under 10000 in India
Best Harmonica for Beginners India
Best Tabla in India with price